The Government of India has announced that certain vulnerable groups who do not have photo identity cards will be given special consideration through CoWIN for COVID-19 vaccine registration. The CoWIN system will provide the facility for creation of special vaccination sessions for such individuals without the need for mandatory capturing of mobile numbers or photo ID cards. District officers have been asked to identify all such individuals for them to receive vaccinations only at Government Central Vigilance Commisions (CVCs).
What Are the Seven Mandated Photo IDs for CoWIN for COVID-19 Vaccine Registration?
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter ID card.
- Driving license.
- PAN card.
- NPR smart card.
- Pension document with a photograph.
Vulnerable Groups Eligible to Receive Consideration through CoWIN for COVID-19 Vaccine Registration
The people aged 18 and above without the prescribed photo ID cards from the following age groups could be given special consideration for the COVID-19 vaccine through CoWIN:
- Nomads including sadhus and saints from various religions.
- Prison inmates.
- Roadside beggars.
- Citizens in old age homes.
- Inmates in mental health institutions.
- People residing in rehabilitation centres of camps.
What Considerations will Such Individuals Receive through CoWIN for COVID-19 Vaccine Registration?
District Task Force will have been asked to identify such vulnerable groups in assistance with the concerned government department or organisations. District officers will then organise vaccination sessions at identified CVCs to the vulnerable age groups. The considerations that will be given to them through the CoWIN portal for COVID-19 Vaccine registration are as follows:
- Registrations of beneficiaries will be allowed without mandatory capturing of mobile numbers and photo ID card.
- Special slots will be reserved for the vaccination of such identified individuals.
- Name, year of birth, and gender will be entered in the CoWIN system for such individuals.
- Digital vaccination certificates will be provided to such beneficiaries at the vaccination center.
The key facilitator will have to oversee this process for the identified individuals, as well as verify the identity of these beneficiaries.