CoWin app has now been opened for registration for COVID-19 vaccine for all citizens of the country who are above 60 years of age and also for those above 45 who are suffering with co-morbid conditions. Those who wish to book their slots online for COVID-19 vaccine registration will now be able to do so from 9:00 am IST on the official CoWin portal. The CoWin application will facilitate the citizen with an option to register and schedule the vaccination session online in centers of their choice.
Both Government and private facilities under the Ayushman Bharat scheme will be delivering vaccinations, and the the Citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines. There will also be an option for rescheduling vaccination appointments suppose a beneficiary has t cancel their appointment due to some reason.
How to Book Appointment for COVID-19 Vaccine on CoWin App
Citizens can register for the vaccine using the following documents” passport, driving license, passbooks with photographs issued by banks, PAN card, Aadhaar card, health insurance smart card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour, MNREGA Job card, pension document with photograph. The following steps will have to be taken:
- The beneficiary must register with their mobile number and approved IDs by clicking on the GET OTP button.
- OTP is sent at the registered phone number via SMS, which needs to be verified.
- Once the OTP is validated, the “Registration of Vaccination” page appears wherein all the required details need to be entered.
- Once registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details”.
- Citizen can further add 3 more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on “Add More” button at the bottom right side of the Page.
- Beneficiaries also have the option to delete individuals’ names entered by them.
- An appointment can then be scheduled by visiting the “Account Details” page, and clicking on the button for Booking Vaccination Appointment or Click “SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT”.
- The system will then navigate to the “ Book Appointment for Vaccination” page wherein the beneficiary can search for the Vaccination Centre of choice by State, District, Block and pin code.
Once the Appointment is fixed, it can be rescheduled at any later stage but before the vaccination appointment day. Those who wish to register for the CoVID-19 vaccine are advised to visit the official website for more information and also go through the notification in detail.