CoWin app for COVID-19 vaccine registration will be open soon for all citizens above 18 years who are willing to take the vaccination. The platform will allow everyone above the age of years to register for the vaccine from 28 April 2021 onwards. As of now, only citizens above the age of 45 years can register for the COVID-19 vaccine. This decision has been made public by RS Sharma, the chairperson of an empowered committee on Covid-19 vaccination.
The CoWin application will facilitate the citizen with an option to register and schedule the vaccination session online in centers of their choice. Both Government and private facilities under the Ayushman Bharat scheme will be delivering vaccinations, and the Citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines. There will also be an option for rescheduling vaccination appointments suppose a beneficiary has to cancel their appointment due to some reason.
Documents Needed for CoWin App for COVID-19 Vaccine Registration
Citizens can register for the vaccine using the following documents: passport, driving license, passbooks with photographs issued by banks, PAN card, Aadhaar card, health insurance smart card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour, MNREGA Job card, pension document with photograph.
How to Use CoWin App for COVID-19 Vaccine Registration
- The beneficiary must register with their mobile number and approved IDs by clicking on the GET OTP button.
- OTP is sent at the registered phone number via SMS, which needs to be verified.
- Once the OTP is validated, the “Registration of Vaccination” page appears wherein all the required details need to be entered.
- Once registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details”.
- Citizens can further add 3 more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on “Add More” button at the bottom right side of the Page.
- Beneficiaries also have the option to delete individuals’ names entered by them.
- An appointment can then be scheduled by visiting the “Account Details” page, and clicking on the button for Booking Vaccination Appointment or Click “SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT”.
- The system will then navigate to the “ Book Appointment for Vaccination” page wherein the beneficiary can search for the Vaccination Centre of choice by State, District, Block and pin code.
The registration option is also available on the Aarogya Setu app. Those who wish to register for the vaccine can visit the official website for more information.