CoWIN app has started scheduling appointments for citizens of 18+ years, and those who have registered can now book their slots based on availability. The CoWIN app was opened up for registrations by the Government of India on 28 April, and over 2.5 crore beneficiaries have already registered on the portal. Furthermore, the Ministry of Health has informed that more than 86 thousand beneficiaries of age group 18 to 44 have received the first dose already.
“Government of India has at the forefront of the fight against the COVID19 pandemic. Vaccination forms an integral component of the five point strategy of the Government of India to fight the pandemic (including Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour). The government of India has so far provided nearly 16.37 crore vaccine doses (16,37,62,300) to States/UTs free of cost. Of this, the total consumption including wastages is15,58,48,782 doses,” said a statement from the Government of India.
Important Details Regarding Vaccine Registration and Appointment on CoWIN App for 18+ Years
- Taking prior online appointments is mandatory as Walk-in registration and appointment facility is currently not available for 18 to 44 age group.
- Appointment for the 18+ years age group is based on slots made available by the private vaccination centers as well as the respective state government.
- The minimum age for each vaccination center is displayed with the name of the vaccination center, and appointment slots are available where the age displayed is 18+.
- The Government of India has assured that more slots will be opened up soon, and citizens need to keep checking for the availability of slots.
- To add multiple individuals in a single Dose 2 appointment, the vaccine and Dose 1 date must be same, says the CoWIN app.
- The second dose of Covaxin should be taken between 28 days to 42 days after the first dose, and the second dose of Covishield should be taken between 28 days to 56 days after the first dose.
- Those who wish to register and book their slots are advised to visit cowin.gov.in.