COVID-19 vaccination registration will soon begin for all citizens above 45 years of age, irrespective of their co-morbid conditions. The CoWin portal and Aarogya Setu will be open for registrations from citizens above that age group from 1 April 2021 onwards. Furthermore, onsite registrations will also be allowed, said an announcement made by the Ministry of Health, Government of India.
Until now, all citizens above 60 years of age, and citizens above 45 years of age with co-morbid conditions were being allowed to register for the vaccination. The cumulative number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country has crossed 5 crores at present, said a statement from the Government. “These include 79,03,068 healthcare workers (HCWs) who have taken the 1st dose and 50,09,252 HCWs who have taken the 2nd dose, 83,33,713 FLWs (1st dose), 30,60,060 FLWs (2nd dose), 2,12,03,700 beneficiaries more than 60 years old and 45,65,369 beneficiaries aged 45 and above with specific co-morbidities,” added the statement.
COVID-19 Vaccination Registration on Aarogya Setu
Apart from the CoWin software, COVID-19 vaccination registration can also be done on the Government of India’s contact tracing app Aarogya Setu. Citizens need to follow these pointers to get themselves registered for the COVID-19 vaccination:
- Visit the vaccination section on the Aarogya Setu app, and proceed on the Register Now option available in the section.
- The mobile number of the beneficiary needs to be entered and verified using OTP.
- The photo ID card, which the beneficiary will bring along while visiting the centre for vaccination, will have to be selected from the drop-down list. Beneficiaries may choose from Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card, passport, pension passbook, NPR smart card or voter ID card for this purpose.
- The photo ID number, gender and date of birth will then have to be entered.
- The vaccination can then be scheduled by entering the area pin code, and then choosing the nearest government-designated centre.
- The appointment can then be scheduled by checking the availability and then selecting the appropriate time.
- Once the appointment is scheduled, beneficiaries will also be given the option to reschedule the date.
Now you can register for COVID19 Vaccination on Aarogya Setu. Follow these steps for registration and booking your appointments. @MoHFW_INDIA @mygovindia @CovidIndiaSeva @GoI_MeitY @NICMeity @rsprasad @drharshvardhan @PMOIndia #LargestVaccineDrive #SetuMeraBodyguard pic.twitter.com/ztjoNzA1h1
— Aarogya Setu (@SetuAarogya) March 1, 2021