CBSE has invited applications from meritorious students for Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child. The Central Board of Secondary Education aims at supporting meritorious single girl students who are the only child of their parents. Any such student who has secured h 60% or more marks in their CBSE class X examination, and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII may apply for the scholarship.
The tuition fee of applicants must not exceed Rs 1500 per month, and the amount of scholarship payable by CBSE is Rs 500 per month for a maximum period of two years renewable on a yearly basis. Renewal will depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
How to Apply for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
Those who wish to apply for the scholarship need to keep in mind the following pertinent points prior to filling the online application form:
- Candidates will have to enter their name, roll number and date of birth as provided in their tenth marks card.
- Candidates will have to note down the registration number as shown on the page as this will be used while uploading documents and also for all other future communications.
- An original affidavit duly attested by the first class judicial magistrate, SDM, executive magistrate or notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website will be required.
- An undertaking, in the prescribed format, should be attested by the school principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from board’s examination.
- The above documents will have to be scanned and uploaded in PDF format while filling the online application.
- The last day to apply for the scholarship is 10 December 2020.