CBSE class 9 and 11 exams, which may be held towards the end of February, has become a cause of concern for students and parents. A large number of parents and their wards have been requesting CBSE to issue guidelines to allow schools to conduct the examinations online. Others also claim that some schools are calling students to attend offline examinations.
“Throughout the year my class exams have been conducted online. Then what’s the point of conducting them offline now. The government should ask the schools to give both the options of either conducting the exams online or offline. Then it’s the parents and students’ choice that with which option they want to go with,” says a student to Dataquest.
“Is the government ready to take the guarantee of the students that nothing will happen to them? Are they ready to give this in writing? If yes then only we will allow our kids for offline exams. Are exams more important than our kids’ life?” asks Meenu, a parent.
“It’s a humble request. Either let the exams be in online mode or give us time to study. Life is hard, portions are yet to be completed, revision has not been done and how can we give the exam in February. I repeat either online mode or give us time to study. Humble request,” says another student like hundreds of others on Dataquest.
What We Know About CBSE Class 9 and 11 Exams
- The exams are likely to be held towards end of February or early March as they would have to be completed before CBSE board exams 2021 scheduled to begin from 4 May 2021.
- The decision of online or offline exams rests with schools as the examination is not conducted by CBSE.
- Online examinations for students are unlikely as there are various challenges with regard to taking remote examinations that most schools would not be prepared for.
- Students would not be given questions from incomplete portions, or would not have to worry about tough examinations as schools are aware of the hardship being faced by students, parents and teachers.
- A reduced syllabus could be likely, as the same has been done for CBSE Board Exams 2021.