CBSE board exams 2021 should be cancelled say students yet again on social media platforms. As the COVID-19 situation in the country is yet to improve, parents and students have been requesting authorities to either cancel exams or conduct them through alternate means. Students have been trending #cancel12thboardexams2021 from the past three days, and it has received over one million tweets so far.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has informed that a decision with regard to conduction CBSE board exams 2021 for 12th standard students will be taken in June after revisiting the COVID-19 situation in the country. The board also recently announced for 10th students will be evaluated and results will be declared by 20 June. This development has led to students questioning as to why 12th standard results also cannot be declared in a similar manner.
Why CBSE Board Exams 2021 Must be Cancelled According to 12th Standard Students
Apart from not wanting to risk their lives amidst the ongoing pandemic, students have been requesting authorities to cancel examinations for the following reasons:
- It is not possible to predict when the pandemic is going to attend. This uncertainty is causing students undue anxiety and pandemic.
- Sessions were held online throughout the year, and according to students online classes alone are not sufficient to give offline examinations.
- There were no coaching centres due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which was a major drawback as per students.
- Holding the examinations in June 2021 means a delay in examinations. This will lead to further delay in seeking admissions in institutions for higher studies.
- Alternative modes of examination need to be explored, and the pandemic may be the right time to implement the same.
However, authorities are yet to respond to the plea of students and parents. As of now, the board has maintained that a decision with regard to the CBSE board exams 2021 will be taken in June.