The online registrations for Common Admission Test 2020 (CAT 2020) have begun on the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) website. CAT 2020 is a prerequisite for admission to various Post Graduate and Fellow programmes of IIMs. While CAT 2020 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 156 cities, candidates will be given the option to select six test cities in order of preference.
The notice issued by IIMs also states that the CAT 2020 process will be conducted taking into account the COVID-19 crisis, and is dependent upon the directions issued by the Central and State governments as well as IIMs across the country. Therefore, candidates are advised to check the IIM website for the latest information.
All Important Details about the CAT 2020 Examination
- CAT 2020 will be conducted on 29 November 2020, which is a Sunday, in two sessions.
- Online registration for CAT 2020 will close on September 2020.
- Candidates will be assigned their cities and centres once after the last date for registration.
- A non-refundable online application fee of Rs 1000 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates, and Rs 2000 for all other categories of candidates needs to be paid.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes such as credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
- Candidates can download their examination admit card from 28 October 2020 till the date of the test.
- The test will be 180 minutes long and will consist of three sections namely: Verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning and quantitative ability. Candidates will be given 60 minutes to answer each section.
- Tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from 16 October 2020.
Interested candidates are advised to visit the official website for more information on the examination, and online registrations.