BookMyShow, an online entertainment ticketing brand, has rolled out the newly designed and improved version v5.0.7 of its android app. The app is now highly interactive, smart and intuitive and is also packed with amazing never before features to take user experience to an all new level. A user’s transaction journey on BookMyShow is now further simplified and will be centred on just three steps – Discover, Decide and Book!
– The new app makes discoverability a lot simpler. The users can now quickly choose their preferred movie by filtering them either by language or by cinema
– In addition to the default English language option, users will also be able to discover entertainment options on BookMyShow in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and Kannada
Aiding decision making:
– Features such as Mini Maps have been introduced for movies as well as events to give a user a birds’ eye view of the full layout of the premises
– BookMyShow has introduced a ‘Just For You’ section. The new app learns from the users’ past purchase behaviour, understands their choices and the recommendation engine then springs into action to personaliseand suggest relevant entertainment options
– The booking flow for events and movies continues to remain simple and linear but the number of booking steps have been reduced. While booking a movie ticket, users will be able to choose from different categories and price points within the same screen
For movie buffs, it continues to get better as going to a movie will never be the same again:
– BookMyShow’s MyWallet will now let users do so much more. Why wait outside the movie theater for your friend? Use the new Split Tickets feature to instantly share tickets with the entire movie going group. Let the amazing Split Cost feature do the math for you and split the cost between all the movie goers. They can pay for their share instantly using My Wallet.
– Food & Beverage (F&B): No movie is complete without binging on favourite snacks and drinks. Users can now pre-book their F&B at their own convenience even after successfully completing a movie ticket transaction on BookMyShow
The app’s new design has been led by Anish Tripathi, VP, Product Design – BookMyShow. Sharing his thoughts, he said, “BookMyShow is obsessed with getting better and adding new features that are relevant to our users. When we decided to make so many new additions, we were cognizant of the booking process getting complicated or the app looking too heavy and cluttered. This is why we decided to completely rebuild the app from the start, give it a total facelift while making sure that it is designed to gradually influence interaction behavior on our platform.”
“The new app is fully loaded with never before features. A lot of these are a direct result of user feedback that we have received over a period of time. We have added more native advertising space in the app which is far more impactful yet non-intrusive. At the back end, the app architecture has been kept flexible to enable us to keep adding more features to it in the future”, added Anish.
The new app has been rolled out to BookMyShow’s Android user base and will be made available to iOS users soon.