Unique Identification Authority has enrolled more than 79 lakh children under the Bal Aadhaar initiate in the age group of 0 to 4 years
The Bal Aadhaar initiative, Which was launched to to reach out to children in India in the 0 to 5 age group, has reportedly received over 79 lakh enrolments within the first four months on its launch in the April to July period. Enrolments of children in states like Himachal Pradesh and Haryana have covered more than 70% of the targeted age group, and registrations have been received well in several other states and union territories including Jammu and Kashmir, Mizoram, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh and Lakshadweep.
Unlike Aadhaar card, Bal Aadhaar does not collect biometrics of children. To differentiate the Bal Aadhaar from normal Aadhaar, the card is issued in blue colour, with a remark that this is valid till the child attains the age of 5 years. On attaining the age of 5, the child is required to furnish his or her biometrics at an Aadhaar Seva Kendra to complete a process called mandatory biometric update (MBU). The biometric update process goes through a de-duplication process after which, the child is issued a normal Aadhaar without any change in the Aadhaar number.
How to Enrol for Bal Aadhaar Initiative?
Parents will have to do the following top enrol their children under the Bal Aadhaar initiative:
- Go to the UIDAI official website.
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab., and choose ‘Book an Appointment’ among the options after which the website will be redirected to a new page.
- Users can then chose from two options namely ‘Book an Appointment at UIDAI run Aadhaar Seva Kendra’ and ‘Book an Appointment at Registrar run Aadhaar Seva Kendra.’
- After that, the contact number will have to be entered to receive the OTP.
- Users can then enter the OTP and choose the date of appointment.
- A confirmation notification will then be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Users will then have ti go to the Aadhaar centre on the decided date to complete the procedure.
- Aadhaar card will be sent to the registered address within 60 days.
- Users may also download their Bal Aadhaar card online.
Aadhaar enrolment of children in the age group of 0 to 5 years is carried out based on the facial image of the child, and biometric authentication of the parent or guardian who have a valid Aadhaar. A proof of relationship document, preferably birth certificate, is collected at the time of enrolment for Bal Aadhaar.
Leave a Reply