Amazon recently introduced a groundbreaking new tablet for under $50 (approximately Rs 3300 at current exchange rates). The new Fire tablet includes a quad-core processor, 7” IPS display, front- and rear-facing cameras, up to 128GB of expandable storage, exclusive Amazon features and services, and access to a huge content ecosystem—all for just $49.99.
“Today, we’re taking another step in our mission to deliver premium products at non-premium prices,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO. “The all-new Fire features a quad-core processor, is incredibly durable, and is backed by the Amazon content ecosystem, the new Amazon Underground, and Amazon customer service with Mayday Screen Sharing. Fire sets a new bar for what customers should expect from a low cost tablet.”
With access to over 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps, and games, as well as exclusive features like X-Ray, ASAP, and Second Screen, Fire is great for watching movies, playing games, reading books and listening to music.
For $49.99, the new Fire tablet includes:
* 7” IPS display
* Quad-core 1.3 GHz processor
* Front- and rear-facing cameras
* Up to 128GB of expandable storage via microSD
* All-day battery life—Delivers up to 7 hours of reading, browsing the web, listening to music, and watching video
* Fire OS 5 “Bellini”—Includes an updated user interface that replicates the look and feel of a magazine, making browsing and searching for content. Fire OS 5 includes hundreds of new and upgraded features and platform updates, plus Amazon-exclusive services.
* Amazon Underground—An app store where over $10,000 in apps, games and even in-app items are actually free
Fire will be available at Amazon for $49.99, and will start shipping on September 30