Airtel recently launched its voice over Wi-Fi service – Airtel Wi-Fi Calling – in New Delhi, which will slowly be rolled-out to other cities in India as well. ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ is designed to enhance voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers, especially when they are indoors, said a statement from the company.
There will be no extra charge for calls made over ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ and the application consumes minimal data. Randeep Sekhon, chief technology officer, Bharti Airtel said: “As a customer obsessed brand, we are constantly working on improving customer experience based on their feedback. Seamless indoor coverage has been a key ask from mobile customers but getting permissions for site installations has always been a big challenge for mobile operators, particularly in top metros. ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ is another pioneering technology intervention from Airtel and will go a long way in making the voice calling experience more seamless.”
How to Configure Airtel Wi-Fi Calling on your Smartphone
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling does not require any app and can be configured on the smartphone by following the steps mentioned below:
- Check smartphone compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling website
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling
- Go to Settings on your mobile phone and switch on Wi-Fi Calling
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Devices on which Airtel Wi-Fi Calling Works
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling is currently supported on the following devices
- Apple: All iPhone series starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, M30s
- OnePlus: All models of OnePlus 7 Series
Airtel is working with all leading smartphone brands to roll out compatibility with ‘Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’. The service is currently compatible with Airtel Xstream Fiber home broadband and will soon be compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots.
Leave a Reply