Airtel Wi-Fi Calling, which was first launched in New Delhi, has now also been launched in several other cities is compatible with a few more devices. Wi-Fi Calling enables its smartphone customers to switch from LTE to Wi-Fi based calling when they are inside their homes or offices at no extra cost.
However, as the service is still rolling out several users are reportedly facing problems accessing the Wi-Fi Calling feature. “I’m unable to use Wifi calling on my handset. Kindly get it resolved,” says Nikhil Arora on Twitter.
“hey guys, got a message saying wifi calling is available, turned it on, but doesnt look like its working on my handset (iphone 6s). I have airtel broadband,” says another consumer. However, the official Airtel Presence account has provided a few steps consumers can follow to ensure seamless Wi-Fi Calling.
How to Enable Seamless Airtel Wi-Fi Calling?
Consumers need to note that the Airtel Wi-Fi Calling feature is currently available only for the company’s Xstream Fiber home broadband users; however, the company says it is working on making the service compatible with all broadband services and Wi-Fi hotspots. Consumers on Airtel broadband can do the following to use the Voice Over Wi-Fi service:
- Consumers need access to a Wi-Fi router with a high-speed internet connection.
- The smartphone in use needs to be a Wi-Fi calling-enabled smartphone.
- The smartphone also needs to be updated to the latest operating system.
- The device should have switched on the Wi-Fi Calling feature.
- Both VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling needs to be kept switched on to enjoy a seamless experience.
Places and Devices Which Support Airtel Wi-Fi Calling?
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling is now available in the following places in India:
- New Delhi
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
Here is a list of devices it is currently compatible with:
- Apple: All iPhone series starting 6s and above.
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro and POCO F1.
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, S10, S10+, S10e, M20, M30s.
- OnePlus: All models of OnePlus 7 Series as well as 6 Series.