AICTE SWANATH Scholarship 2021 has been announced to aid students of parents who passed away due to Covid-19 as well as wards of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces martyred in action to pursue education from institutions and courses approved by the All India Council of Technical Education. A total of 2000 scholarships will be disbursed which includes 1000 for degree students and 1000 for diploma students. Students currently studying in AICTE approved institutions and courses at degree or diploma level in regular mode are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Selected students will receive Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study, which is a maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted degree students and a maximum of 3 years for diploma students as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, and software. The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination. The scholarship will have to be renewed on a yearly basis.
Who Can Apply for the AICTE SWANATH Scholarship 2021?
The scholarships will be made available to selected students from the following category:
- Students who have lost either or both parents to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wards of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces martyred in action.
- The family income of these students should not be over Rs 8 lakhs per annum.
- Students should not be receiving financial support through any other means.
Documents Needed to Apply for the AICTE SWANATH Scholarship 2021
Students who meet the mentioned conditions will have to submit applications on the official website portal before 30 November 2021. Some of the documents that will be needed to apply are as follows:
- Death certificate of father and mother, and orphan certificate issued by SDM or Tehsildar.
- Bonafide certificate issued by the institution.
- 10+2 or equivalent and 10th mark sheet for degree level and 10th or equivalent for diploma level.
- Category certificate if relevant.
- Death certificate of father or mother or both explicitly mentioning that the death was due to Covid-19.
- Shaheed certificate issued by the Armed Forces or Central Paramilitary Forces.
Students who wish to know more are advised to go through the official guidelines in detail prior to submitting applications.