Fresh applications for the AICTE Pragati Scheme for girls, as part of which girls pursuing a degree or diploma in technical subjects stand a chance to get a scholarship of Rs 50,000 per year, are now being accepted on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The All India Council of Technical Education provides 5000 scholarships every year under this scheme to its approved institutions.
Female students with a family income of less than Rs 8 lakh per annum and who are in the first year of degree or diploma level course or second year of degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions can apply for the scholarship before 31 October 2020. A maximum of two girls from the same family can apply for the AICTE Pragati Scheme for girls.
How to Apply for AICTE Pragati Scheme for Girls
Interested and eligible applicants need to keep the following guidelines in mind while applying for the AICTE Pragati Scheme for Girls pursuing degree or diploma:
- Applicants applying for the scholarship for the first time need to register on the National Scholarship Portal as a fresh applicant.
- The students’ registration form needs to be carefully filled with accurate and authentic information as provided in their documents.
- Students need to provide a working mobile number and e-mail address as all the communications and one-time passwords related to portal activities will be sent on the registered contact details.
- An active bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch of the student will need to be provided while filling the online application.
- The applicant’s Aadhaar number would also be needed.
- In case an applicant has no Aadhaar number then they would have to provide a bonafide certificate issued by their institute or school in the prescribed proforma along-with Aadhaar enrolment number or scanned copy of the first page of their Bank passbook.
While the last date for the students to apply is 31 October 2020, the institution where the candidate is studying will be required to verify the online application before 15 November 2020. Selected students will receive Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of a maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted students and a maximum of 3 years for the second year admitted students through lateral entry. Those who wish to register for the scholarships can visit the official website for more information.