The last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scheme for girls, an initiative launched by the All India Council for Technical Education to support students with a family income of lesser than 8 lakhs per annum, is on 31 December 2020. As part of the scheme, 5000 female students in the first year of degree level course or second year of degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of the respective year will receive Rs 50,000 per year to pursue their technical education.
The scholarship amount will be provided for a maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted students and maximum of 3 years for the second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares, and so on. After students are selected for the AICTE Pragati Scheme, the awardee will be paid the scholarship through direct benefit transfer mode on annual basis.
Important Details of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
- Only candidates who hold the required eligibility criteria need to apply for the AICTE Pragati scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal before 31 December 2020.
- 5000 female students will be shortlisted on the basis of merit of qualifying examination to peruse the technical degree course from any of the AICTE approved institutions, which means first year or second year through lateral entry on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- AICTE says that in addition to o 5,000 scholarships, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship form, from the following 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States will be given scholarship: Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Lakshadweep, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- The host institution where the candidate is studying, required to verify the online application before 15 January 2021.
- In the case of ties, a higher percentage of marks in the 10th examination will be ranked higher. Furthermore, in case the 10th examination percentile does not break ties, then the candidate of elder age will be ranked higher.
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission in the degree course should not be more than two years.
- Applicants will have to apply for the renewal of scholarships every year.