AICTE recently launched a new initiative called the Jammu and Kashmir Employability Enhancement Training Program (JEET) to enhance the competency and employment skills of graduating students. As part of the program, the ICT Academy will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with AICTE approved institutions in the Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh region, to implement this scheme and provide competency-based employability enhancement training, to the pre-final year and final year students of engineering, management and polytechnic institutions in the region.
Through this initiative, the All India Council of Technical Educations hopes to train 5000 students spread across 53 institutions over a period of two years. The benefits of this program include placement facilitation on trained students, wherein selected students will have a chance to get employed by over 50 corporate companies. Students will also get to attend courses related to their curriculum as part of the program.
Salient Features of the AICTE JEET Program for Students of Jammu and Kashmir
Some of the benefits and features that are offered through the called Jammu and Kashmir Employability Enhancement Training Program (JEET) are as follows:
- The curriculum has been designed in consultation with the industry to fulfill the requirements of various industries.
- The period of training ranges from 120 to 160 hours consisting of instructor-led training, assignments and hands-on training as well.
- The training will be provided keeping in mind the needs required for entry-level jobs in the industry.
- A joint certification from AICTE, ICT Academy and the Industry Partner involved will be issued.
Some of the courses that will be offered to students are as follows: AutoCAD, Digital Prototyping using Inventor, Building Information Modeling using Revit Architecture, Salesforce Business Administration Specialist, Digital Marketing, Data Analytics, Robotics Process Automation, Cloud Practitioner and Cloud Architecture, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security Infrastructure Configuration, and so on.
How Students Will Be Assessed in the AICTE JEET Program?
Students will receive the certification and placement assistance based on the following factors:
- A minimum of 85 percent attendance is needed from the candidates.
- Internal assessments through mock sessions and workshops will be conducted.
- Online assessment through ICT Academy’s Skill tester will be conducted.
Students who wish to know more about the AICTE JEET Program are advised to visit the official website for further information.