AICTE and Pupilfirst have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to offer a 6-month free online internship called “CoronaSafe Engineering Fellowship” to engineering students. AICTE and Pupilfirst, through the national fellowship programme, aim at identifying top 30 Indian students in the software engineering for an industry-led training to become full-stack developers and volunteer as the national engineering leadership cadre for public service.
Engineering students who are above 18 years of age and have written at least some amount of code on either personal projects or college projects by themselves may apply for the internship. The internship consists of 120 hours of study and programming that will be conducted for 10 weekends. Students will also be introduced to ask me anything sessions with industry leaders and will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the programme.
Benefits of Taking the AICTE and Pupilfirst Online Internship Programme
- Participants will be able to build real-world and modern web apps as well as create open-source software.
- Learners will be introduced to practical lessons drawn from over 15 years of industry experience.
- Typed functional programming will be taught with ReScript/OCaml.
- Students will receive a one-on-one mentorship from industry experts.
What the AICTE and Pupilfirst Online Internship Programme Will Cover?
The online internship programme will cover the following aspects:
- Typed-Functional Programming using Rescript Language.
- Full-stack Web Development.
- Programming fundamentals.
- SaaS fundamentals.
How to Apply for the AICTE and Pupilfirst Online Internship Programme
The free online internship called CoronaSafe Engineering Fellowship, which has received funding from the Michael & Dell Foundation, Wadhwani Foundation, the ACT Foundation, and support from FreshWorks, will be conducted from 1 April 2021 onwards. Interested students may apply online from 14 December 2020 to 5 January 2021. List of selected participants will be announced on 10 January 2021, and program onboarding will begin from 15 January 2021. Those who wish to know more about the programme are advised to go through the official website for more information.