The impact of artificial intelligence as a powerful technology can be witnessed in diverse industry verticals. The education industry across the globe is no exception to this. Artificial intelligence in education is being used by different schools in the country. The use of AI in education has given a completely new perspective of looking at education to teachers, students, parents, and of course the educational institutions as well.
Here are some statistics to throw light on artificial intelligence in education.
- The AI in education market size exceeded 1 billion USD in 2020. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 40% between 2021 and 2027. (Global Market Insights)
- The artificial intelligence in education market is expected to post a revenue of 25.7 billion USD by 2030. (Prescient and Strategic Intelligence)
- The global AI in education market is expected to reach 3.68 billion USD by 2023. (Markets and Markets)
Things to consider before implementation of AI in schools
- Identify the role of artificial intelligence in schools.
- Key processes that the use of AI in schools will automate.
- Challenges of teaching AI in schools and ways to overcome them.
- Alignment of artificial intelligence with the existing environment in school.
- Making the transition process from the chalkboard and whiteboard to AI in classrooms seamless for the teachers and students.
- How to use AI in schools to provide actionable insights for effective decision-making.
Role of artificial intelligence in education
Here are some of the real-world applications of AI in education.
- Automation of basic administrative activities
- A lot of time is spent by teachers in administrative activities like grading and assessment of worksheets.
- The use of AI in education can help automate the grading and assessment of activities like multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, etc.
- Another tedious and cumbersome activity for teachers is preparing the report cards of students. The use of artificial intelligence in education can help automate this as well.
- Automation of administrative activities means teachers can spend more time with the students, thus making the learning process more efficient.
- Personalized learning
- The purpose behind application of AI in education is not to replace teachers, but give them a helping hand in understanding the potential and limitations of each student.
- The use of AI in schools makes things easy and convenient for the teachers and students as well.
- By understanding the needs of every student, teachers can come up with a tailor-made study plan for every student.
- Constructive feedback
- Programs powered by artificial intelligence can provide valuable feedback, both to the students as well as teachers.
- Use of AI in classrooms can point out to teachers how to improve the instructions provided to the learners, and also how to make learning more fun and interesting.
- Instant feedback to students helps them understand where they are going wrong and how they can do it better.
- Accessible by all students
- The use of AI in classrooms makes learning universally accessible for all students.
- Whether a student is slow learning or unable to attend school due to an illness or injury, and even students located in remote areas, AI in education is a blessing for them.
- The use of artificial intelligence in education helps to overcome the geographical barriers in learning.
- Students located anywhere around the world can learn from the best teachers through the use of AI in education.
The use of AI in education has still not been embraced by all the schools completely. However, in the future, AI and education will go hand in hand. The application of AI in education has transformed the education industry, but is yet to unleash its real potential.
The article is authored by AI School of Learning.