At Essar, a large sector of employees are always on the move. Given this scenario, the conglomerate faced the challenge in delivering effective communications from its top management to employees. Simultaneously, it also wanted to ensure seamless training to its senior management including conveying important business metrics. To deliver this content, the firm zeroed in on Drona Mobile, an enterprise mobile management platform.
Explaining the benefits of mobile-enabled training and communications, Prasad Patil, Vice President – IT Infrastructure, Essar says, “We are extending our existing learning and development programs on emerging and experienced managers’ phones. We also pass on refresher modules in leadership and other areas.”
Today, more than 500 employees within Essar access content in the form of text and videos. Essar can conduct just-in-time training, schedule delivery of videos, and more importantly, create a learning path for the employees. By implementing Drona Mobile, Essar has also reduced the burden on its training teams and HR, and enriched the employee-employer relationship.
Apart from using mobility for imparting training, Essar has extended a lot of enterprise applications on to the smart devices. It has a mobility strategy in place based on a list of parameters like data confidentiality, range and reach, business outcome, features and functionality, integration with ecosystem, etc. “We have also prepared an ‘appification roadmap’ for targeting both the existing and legacy apps as well as the new requirements (proactive and reactive) that are received from the business,” says Patil.
Essar has broadly transformed three kinds of processes using mobility: Transactional processes including the extension of backend ERP systems like SAP, JDA, etc, on to the mobile; collaboration and communication processes including mail, messaging, Intranet, VoIP, audio video conferencing, secure file share, training, polls, surveys, secure image upload and share, etc; and operation processes including analytics dashboard, sales force tracking and enablement, farm management, audit, etc.
“We have prepared an ‘appification roadmap’ for targeting both the existing and legacy apps as well as the new requirements (proactive and reactive) that are received from business” —Prasad Patil, Vice President – IT Infrastructure, Essar.
- GATE 2022: IIT Kharagpur Launches Official Website, Check Important Details
- Advance supply chain planning startup 3SC raises $15 M in series B funding led by GEF Capital
- Predictive maintenance using a digital twin
- Ransomware is the monetization of poor cyber hygiene: 6 ways to prevent it
- Academia: The Untapped Goldmine for India’s DeepTech Growth Story
- Airtel customers can now purchase Kaspersky security solutions through Airtel Thanks app
- Future proof your business strategy with cloud hosting
- CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 Announced: Download PDF from DigiLocker
- Bengaluru Techie, Baffled by Stranger’s Vaccination Certificate Issued on His Number on CoWIN, Narrates Ordeal
- IT Companies that are Planning to Work from Office Soon