TVS Motors: Recalling Defective Vehicles
One of India’s leading two wheeler manufacturers, TVS Motor Company is another firm showcasing the power of mobility and using it extensively. For example, the company is using mobility for recalling vehicles, which have been identified with some defects. Recalls are a part and parcel of the automotive industry and recalling vehicles due to potential manufacturing issues and safety-related defects is an expensive proposition for the manufacturers.
“If we identify defects in a few vehicles from a particular batch which hits the market, we can’t call back the entire batch with thousands or even lakhs of vehicles. We should be able to call the selected ones identified with defects,” explains TG Dhandapani, CIO, TVS Motor.
Leveraging mobility with M2M has made this possible for TVS Motor. The mobility solutions can also capture the defect data and paint consumption data. “Today, with mobility solutions, we can recall the faulty vehicles from a particular batch and save a substantial amount of cost,” asserts Dhandapani.
Apart from recalling vehicles, TVS Motor is using mobility for creating new business opportunities and improving productivity. The company’s mobility initiatives are threefold: Hygiene, cost reduction, and strategic. Under hygiene initiatives, TVS Motors covers all office productivity improvement projects. Reports on sales, production, quality, and project status are pushed to mobile devices.
Under the cost reduction or revenue opportunity initiatives, TVS Motors has developed around 10 applications to prevent or minimize loss and create sales opportunities. Further, the company’s strategic mobility initiatives are customer-focused and helps the company in monitoring service history and resale value of vehicles.
- GATE 2022: IIT Kharagpur Launches Official Website, Check Important Details
- Advance supply chain planning startup 3SC raises $15 M in series B funding led by GEF Capital
- Predictive maintenance using a digital twin
- Ransomware is the monetization of poor cyber hygiene: 6 ways to prevent it
- Academia: The Untapped Goldmine for India’s DeepTech Growth Story
- Airtel customers can now purchase Kaspersky security solutions through Airtel Thanks app
- Future proof your business strategy with cloud hosting
- CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 Announced: Download PDF from DigiLocker
- Bengaluru Techie, Baffled by Stranger’s Vaccination Certificate Issued on His Number on CoWIN, Narrates Ordeal
- IT Companies that are Planning to Work from Office Soon