Hero MotoCorp is the world’s largest manufacturer of two wheelers. The parts distributors of Hero MotoCorp are the sole suppliers of spare parts to other channel partners like dealers and external customers like retailers and mechanics. Parts distributor executives traditionally recorded the orders on paper or received it through emails. The company was facing several issues with the manual processes for recording orders as they were time consuming and resulted in delays and errors, given the huge volume of orders.
The company felt a need to capture the orders through a mechanism which was readily available with parts distributor executives. Accordingly, Hero MotoCorp developed a mobile app called Hero Genuine Parts Touch (HGP Touch), which was integrated with Hero Connect, the company’s CRM platform for channel partners. With this app, a customer is assigned an executive based on the executive wise tagging of the customers created in Hero Connect.
The app empowers the executive to check the stock and price of any part on the fly. “The app has the complete list of more than 20,000 parts and also includes minimum order quantity and price, which is readily available with the executives. With this information, executives can now commit on the delivery of parts,” states Vijay Sethi, Vice President- IS & CIO, Hero MotoCorp.
The app enables executives to add frequently used parts to ‘Favorites’ to speed up the punching of orders. It also includes an auto save feature, which saves the information every 10 minutes. In case of low connectivity, users can save the order on the device and the order gets submitted automatically once the connectivity is resumed. Further, the flow of order from HGP Touch to Hero Connect is not more than 10 minutes.
With the help of the app, the orders can be captured without any error, ensuring right delivery to the right customer. In addition, the data available for executives helps them in upselling of parts.
“The app has the complete list of more than 20,000 parts and also includes minimum order quantity and price, which is readily available with the executives. With this information, executives can now commit on the delivery of parts” —Vijay Sethi, Vice President- IS & CIO, Hero MotoCorp
- Co-location imperatives for new hyperscaling cloud environments
- HCL Technologies selected by Cricket Australia as digital technology partner
- Nutanix appoints AWS veteran Balakrishnan Anantharaman to India leader role
- Salesforce unveils customer data platform with next generation of Customer 360
- Employees spend over 25% time searching for information they need to do their jobs: Study
- US space scientist joins hands with Indian start-up TurboHire
- ISRO invites proposals from the scientific community for sounding rocket experiments
- NEC, C-DAC partner to deploy new automated fingerprint identification system for Kerala State Police
- Entrepreneurship development programmes that can help you with your startup
- Ericsson launches enhanced 5G deployment options