Hero MotoCorp is the world’s largest manufacturer of two wheelers. The parts distributors of Hero MotoCorp are the sole suppliers of spare parts to other channel partners like dealers and external customers like retailers and mechanics. Parts distributor executives traditionally recorded the orders on paper or received it through emails. The company was facing several issues with the manual processes for recording orders as they were time consuming and resulted in delays and errors, given the huge volume of orders.
The company felt a need to capture the orders through a mechanism which was readily available with parts distributor executives. Accordingly, Hero MotoCorp developed a mobile app called Hero Genuine Parts Touch (HGP Touch), which was integrated with Hero Connect, the company’s CRM platform for channel partners. With this app, a customer is assigned an executive based on the executive wise tagging of the customers created in Hero Connect.
The app empowers the executive to check the stock and price of any part on the fly. “The app has the complete list of more than 20,000 parts and also includes minimum order quantity and price, which is readily available with the executives. With this information, executives can now commit on the delivery of parts,” states Vijay Sethi, Vice President- IS & CIO, Hero MotoCorp.
The app enables executives to add frequently used parts to ‘Favorites’ to speed up the punching of orders. It also includes an auto save feature, which saves the information every 10 minutes. In case of low connectivity, users can save the order on the device and the order gets submitted automatically once the connectivity is resumed. Further, the flow of order from HGP Touch to Hero Connect is not more than 10 minutes.
With the help of the app, the orders can be captured without any error, ensuring right delivery to the right customer. In addition, the data available for executives helps them in upselling of parts.
“The app has the complete list of more than 20,000 parts and also includes minimum order quantity and price, which is readily available with the executives. With this information, executives can now commit on the delivery of parts” —Vijay Sethi, Vice President- IS & CIO, Hero MotoCorp
- There’s a need to build a dynamic corridor between Indian IT startups and the Silicon Valley: Asha Jadega Motwani
- Microsoft Internship 2021: Applications Invited for 50,000 Virtual Internships, Participation Certificates to be Given
- Fivetran to acquire HVR, announces $565 Million in Series D funding
- Four steps to take the stress out of monitoring performance across cloud-native environments
- Modernising access to credit in a SaaS environment
- Employers Keen on Hiring Freshers in India: TeamLease Study
- IOCL Recruitment 2021: Online Applications Invited for 513 Vacancies, Salary up to Rs 1,05,000
- An innovative Superhydrophobic cotton to cleanup a marine oil spill in near future
- IIT Madras Invites Applications from Working Professionals for 2-year Executive MBA Degree Program
- DRDO Recruitment 2021: Applications Invited for Research Vacancies at DRDO Centre, Salary Rs 31,000