By: Virender Jeet – Senior Vice President, (Sales & Marketing / Products), Newgen Software
The business landscape is changing and is anxiety-inducing for corporate leaders. To meet the evolving needs of customers and facilitate a boundary-less organization corporate leaders embrace new technologies and respond to a decent degree. However, owing to the magnitude of required transformation, it becomes difficult for them to envisage how to enhance the overall value chain. Thus, to enable leaders to face the digital reality, and orchestrate organizational resources, Intelligent Business Process Management comes to rescue.
Here’s how leveraging Intelligent BPM turns beneficial for businesses to go digital and drive organizational value in the digital age.
- Deliver a delightful holistic customer experience– Your customers are getting accustomed to higher levels of customer experience in different walks of their lives. Delivering a delightful customer experience has become the need of the hour. However, most organizational processes become the barrier to delivering a holistic customer experience due to their rigidity.
Social and Mobility have provided a voice to customers, but their mainstream adoption has simultaneously created a complex web of conversations. Now that customer journeys are cynical; not linear, it is vital to ensure that process and communication are in sync. You need to align all your efforts towards the end-goal of customer experience over refining transactional and interface level optimizations.
An underlying business process that delivers uniformity and process continuity across different touch points of a process is now a fundamental need. Therefore, to enable you to gain a durable competitive edge in the intense competition, Intelligent BPM makes it easier for all levels of your organization to deliver superior customer experience. It effortlessly weaves together the broken processes, inaccessible content, wasted efforts, and loose interfaces. Also, the platform lends flexibility to your underlying processes, allows your workforce to gain access to the required information and in turn makes way for contextual customer engagement.
- Continually and rapidly improve business processes- Continuous Process Improvement, once the key traditional driver of BPM, has undergone a world of difference. The long-running process improvement programs of past have given way to short and rapid spurts of implementations with concrete objectives driven by digital goals. As customer yearns for immediacy and personalization, the optimization of core processes demands well-honed capability of process orchestration, monitoring, and integration. Today, omnichannel contextual engagement, and anytime- anywhere business, is driving the process improvement programs.
To enable your enterprise to live up to the digital reality, you need to rapidly improve business processes, and ace the dynamic of value creation. BPM comes armed with myriad capabilities, such as personalization, case management, collaboration and exception handling to augment the process improvement efforts. Additionally, Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud (SMAC) capabilities extend a helping hand in digitally transforming and enhancing digital models.
- Modernize old legacy systems and solutions– Legacy is hard to deal with. To be a digitally empowered organization, business leaders, like you, are faced with an acute challenge of breaking multitude of legacy systems and applications, which have had accumulated over decades of enterprise IT implementations. But, on the flip side, most of the large-scale organizations have grown with IT automation, and on the back of phenomenal value that some of these core systems and applications have brought along.
The monolithic rigid architecture with poor-straight through integration, poorly maintained & undocumented code, and costly exceptional handling is losing relevance, and is coming in the way of your enterprise. All of this is happening, primarily due to their inherent rigidity. With continuous digital disruptions, organizations are faced with the task to survive and thrive with legacy and find ways to modernize it.
Intelligent BPM acts as a pacifier against all these deterrents and paves an excellent passage for digital processes, even with legacy back-end systems in the mix. You can embark on a legacy modernization voyage by leveraging a combination of methodologies, including Digital Process Automation (DPA), Robotic Process Automation in conjunction with Intelligent BPM, exception handling & case management and social & mobility with Intelligent BPM, and transcend the barriers of legacy systems and solutions.
- Create your own enterprise value web– All systems and processes have been built on the premise of a value chain. Traditionally, customers placed orders; order entry systems were required, followed by order management system to process them further. To fulfil the order, downstream supply chain systems were required, and hence, the distributor management system and so on. It was as chaotic as it sounds. However, all of this is changing.
In this digital era, we don’t talk about value chain, it goes beyond that. Today, your business ecosystem collaborates with your partner and customer ecosystems, making way for a Value Web. So, what are value webs? For instance: Teachers can effortlessly conduct classes without having to access a classroom and so is the flexibility granted to students. They can access classes within the luxuries of their home. Similarly, retailers are bridging the gap between customer orders and delivery by shifting their attention from conventional e-commerce based supply chain to digital, faster than the largest e-commerce players at times.
Value Webs are transforming almost everything at lightning speed. Products and services are going beyond single ownership. Platforms, where multiple parties organically collaborate to offer products and services to customers, are disrupting diversified industries on a macro scale.
Thus, if you have been relying on conventional systems and processes, here’s the time for you to embrace Intelligent BPM. It enables you to connect your systems, processes, people and things. The platform integrates well with your organization’s Enterprise Content Management and underlying systems, along with externalized business rules management. Allowing you to elevate orchestration, contextualize processes, grant the liberty to your organization’s users to enjoy privileges of ‘anytime anywhere’ workplace and expose processes to entities, varying from customers to partners and suppliers to agencies.
- Empower knowledge workers through adaptable processes- It goes without saying that knowledge workers are the concrete pillars of high-performing organizations. They make or break digital processes. Therefore, it is important to enable them to gain access to the right information, at the right time to make the right decisions. And, they would require flexibility to execute decisions in the process. This can be made implementable via improved automated systems.
A case management framework aptly built with a robust underlying BPM platform empowers your workers to become knowledge workers. With Intelligent BPM enable your knowledge workers to make well-informed decisions and execute tasks in a timely fashion.
- Digitalize process with Social, Mobility, RPA & Analytics– In the vast ocean of organizational processes, a few of them demand individual attention in order to be beautified with the much-needed digital face-lift. It cannot wait for an overarching digital strategy to fructify. For digitalization of processes, assorted digital technologies are vital, but are not restricted to Social, Mobility, and Analytics.
All of this requires an underlying business process fabric tied into a platform that will allow your organization to deliver the sought-after digital experience. You can leverage Intelligent BPM as a core platform to build the technological infrastructure for such capability. Process level orchestration plays a vital role and can facilitate your customers to get through with you through any of the channels. Thus, you need to leverage these technologies along with BPM to get the real advantage.
- Accomplish straight through process automation- There’s a big-time difference between process automation and typical automation that is accomplished via applications and systems. Likewise, straight-through process automation and straight-through processing are not one the same. For instance: a retail loan that used to take days and weeks to be processed is expected to be closed within 30 minutes or even less at times. Here’s when straight-through processing comes in. This can be executed only when you seamlessly connect resources within your organization, across partners and customer ecosystems.
BPM- a unified process platform, hence, provides an organization with the much-needed capability to go digital, which ultimately boils down to connect. It lends you the flexibility to connect your resources beyond the walls of your organization and allows you to seamlessly get through your partner and customer ecosystems.