In a survey by job assessment leader Aspiring Minds, conducted by fresher jobs portal Myamcat.com, the following are the hottest job trends for freshers in 2016. Myamcat.com surveyed nearly 40 lac job applications for over 6,000 jobs posted by recruiters across India, covering largely tier 1 and 2 cities. The data has been mapped from the number of jobs posted by companies & the applications received for those jobs in 2016.
· The most in-demand job role, based on the number of applications received, was software developers. 38% of the pie of job applications were in the field of software developers/web architects.
· The second top job for freshers was Marketing & Sales. Within Marketing, Digital Marketing emerged as the most popular job role with 21% marketing jobs available in that sector.
· With the rise in big data and data science, the number of job postings for Data Analyst, Data Scientist and Data Engineer saw a rise Year-on-Year by over 30%.
· Apart from technical jobs, non-technical fresher job roles that found favour with a large number of companies included Marketing & Sales, Content writing, Communications & research.
· There was a drop in the number of job roles offered in the Finance profession by over 20%.
· While the range of salaries offered to the candidates (graduates with 0-2 years of experience) varied between 1 -30 lac PA, most number of salary offers were in the range of 2-3 lac PA.
· Interestingly, the number of jobs offered with a salary package of 6L + grew by 85% from 2015.
Himanshu Aggarwal Co-Founder and CEO, Aspiring Minds said, “This year as AMCAT survey reveals, we saw a good mix of technical and non-technical job roles for freshers looking to find a footing in the industry. We see data science and data engineering emerging as job roles this year. In line with the current trend, technical roles such as software developer and non-technical role such as digital marketing took top two spots as the most popular job categories.”