Dell EMC is expanding its industry-leading midrange storage portfolio with two new SC All-Flash data storage arrays, along with key software updates to Dell EMC Unity designed to boost efficiency and cost savings for mixed block and file workloads.
Additionally, Dell EMC is introducing its Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program. The new program offers the industry’s strongest three-year satisfaction guarantee along with customer benefits such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection, storage efficiency guarantees, worry-free data migrations and free Virtustream Storage Cloud.
SC All-Flash delivers premium performance and enterprise-ready Features
Optimized for All-Flash, the new Dell EMC SC All-Flash storage arrays offer premium performance and enterprise-ready features. SC All-Flash arrays are designed to help customers modernize their data centers to gain more speed, efficiency and cost-savings from existing applications. It is also designed to help customers open up possibilities for the business to support new flash-enabled use cases and workloads.
The Dell EMC SC5020F and Dell EMC SC7020F are offered as 3U appliances featuring dual active/active controllers with 8-core Intel® Xeon® processors and up to 256GB memory and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB FC network connections.
The products also feature:
· All-Flash performance – Up to 399,000 IOPS per array and 3.9 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster
· Federated data mobility, scale and protection – Ships ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing; includes auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity
· Self-optimizing efficiency – Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning help make cost savings automatic
· All-inclusive software – Every advanced SC Series feature is included with no extra software licenses to purchase or maintain
Dell EMC Unity gets efficiency boost to help lower storage costs
Designed for simplicity, All-Flash performance and unified SAN-NAS environments, Dell EMC Unity helps organizations speed deployment, streamline management and seamlessly tier storage to the cloud. The new Unity v4.3 OS provides several key updates including deduplication to help lower costs, along with new technologies to facilitate non-disruptive system upgrades and enable file synchronization.
The new Dell EMC Unity v4.3 OS offers:
· Enhanced All-Flash efficiency with the addition of inline deduplication
· Synchronous file replication helps ensure zero data loss business continuity
· New capability enables online data-in-place storage controller upgrades
Redefined investment protection with the Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program
The new Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program offers customers guarantees and value through the lifetime of their arrays. Unlike other vendor programs that offer fewer benefits and short-term promises, the Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program provides robust guarantees, money-saving benefits and investment protection for new Dell EMC Unity and SC Series product purchases.
The Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program for Dell EMC Unity and SC Series includes:
· Three-year satisfaction guarantee – Dell EMC products will perform as advertised for customers, satisfaction guaranteed.
· 4:1 All-Flash Storage Efficiency Guarantee – Offered without complex pre-assessments and restrictions.
· Never-worry Data Migrations – Customers can seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
· Hardware Investment Protection – Customers get flexible credit towards storage controller upgrades or trade-in credit towards the purchase of any new product across the Dell EMC portfolio.
· All-inclusive Software – Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
· Built-in Virtustream Storage Cloud (for Dell EMC Unity only) – Customers can automatically tier files and storage snapshots to the cloud with no capacity costs for one year, up to the program allotment.