Wearable Technology is on the rise in personal and business use. Leading technology analyst house, Juniper Research unveils the top 5 developments that will impact the smart wireless devices sector this year.
Apple Watch – Apple’s long-anticipated smartwatch launch is a game changer. Not because it offers radical new features and functions, but because it offers a best-in-class consumer experience, and forms part of a seamless ecosystem… and of course, it’s Apple!
Intel’s Wearables – Intel is betting hard on the smart devices sector with a range of chipsets. From Edison to Curie, these new chips are going to drive many smart wireless devices this year. The company also has co-branding partnerships with Open Ceremony – for the MICA bracelet, SMS Audio –for smart headphones, and Luxottica – for smart eyewear.
Microsoft HoloLens –Microsoft’s bold announcement envisions consumer-friendly smart glasses that can bring AR experiences throughout the home, from watching football projected onto a wall, to playing Minecraft on the kitchen table.
GOQii Fitness –GOQii aims to shake up the fitness device sector with their subscription-based service. This links a user with a ‘real’ fitness coach who helps to interpret output from the fitness device and provides motivation and context for the data – which is often lacking in the fitness wearables space.
Google-TAG Heuer Smartwatch – This is an exciting development for the smartwatch sector, and opens up the wider premium watch market to Android Wear and Intel chips. Together with the Apple Watch launch, this signals a new phase of development for smart wear.
- Hungama Spotlight Creates Digital Waves as it Crosses 30 Mn
- Cisco Appoints New President for Asia Pacific & Japan
- Over 90% Indians Want IoT at Home to Avoid Fear of Lights On
- Edureka Launches Courses in Robotic Process Automation and Microservices Architecture
- Unocoin launches Multi-Cryptoasset Exchange
- Simplilearn Appoints Mike Tamir as Course Advisor for AI and Machine Learning Online Training Programs
- We are Helping Our Clients in Digital Transformation: Ramamohan P R, Senior VP, EVRY
- Infosys named a Leader in Applications Management and Digital Operations Services: Independent Report
- Ipswitch Names Michael Grossi as the New Chief Executive Officer
- STMicroelectronics Launches IoT-Enabled “Introduction to Embedded Systems with SensorTile” Curriculum