Wearable Technology is on the rise in personal and business use. Leading technology analyst house, Juniper Research unveils the top 5 developments that will impact the smart wireless devices sector this year.
Apple Watch – Apple’s long-anticipated smartwatch launch is a game changer. Not because it offers radical new features and functions, but because it offers a best-in-class consumer experience, and forms part of a seamless ecosystem… and of course, it’s Apple!
Intel’s Wearables – Intel is betting hard on the smart devices sector with a range of chipsets. From Edison to Curie, these new chips are going to drive many smart wireless devices this year. The company also has co-branding partnerships with Open Ceremony – for the MICA bracelet, SMS Audio –for smart headphones, and Luxottica – for smart eyewear.
Microsoft HoloLens –Microsoft’s bold announcement envisions consumer-friendly smart glasses that can bring AR experiences throughout the home, from watching football projected onto a wall, to playing Minecraft on the kitchen table.
GOQii Fitness –GOQii aims to shake up the fitness device sector with their subscription-based service. This links a user with a ‘real’ fitness coach who helps to interpret output from the fitness device and provides motivation and context for the data – which is often lacking in the fitness wearables space.
Google-TAG Heuer Smartwatch – This is an exciting development for the smartwatch sector, and opens up the wider premium watch market to Android Wear and Intel chips. Together with the Apple Watch launch, this signals a new phase of development for smart wear.
- Atos Announces Satellite Data Platform Mundi is Now Live
- EY and Microsoft Launch Blockchain Solution for Media & Entertainment Industry
- BlackBerry to Power BYTON’s Innovative In-Car Experience for its Production Vehicles
- Capital Float forays into Consumer Finance
- FM45 Brings Freedom to the Construction Site
- Senseforth wins “AI Product of the Year” award at India ICT Awards 2018
- Code Gladiators 2018 takes Indian Coding to a New Level
- Inspiring Students and Enabling Educators
- DigitalOcean Appoints Mark Templeton as Chief Executive Officer
- Avast: 77% of Indians are Afraid of Cryptomining Malware Infecting their Devices